Sunday, July 24, 2011

Life Melody



Absorbed in my work this morning, 
I hear several bars of music before my conciousness kicks in.  
Outside, a Carolina Wren is singing its clear sweet song.  
They are favorites of mine, these small happy birds, 
hopping around with tails held high and springs in their feet.  
Full of energy, they remind me of teenagers until I hear their opera voices, 
rich and mature. 
Today, the bird I hear actually is a youngster; 
I find it perched on a branch, 
and it already knows its life melody.

After the bird is gone, I bend back over my desk,
the song still playing in my mind,
and another like it:


This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.

This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.

Maltbie D. Babcock




16 comments:

Jane said...

What a lovely photo and edit, such a pretty picture of this lovely little bird.

missing moments said...

Hi Connie! What a lovely image ... saw you today on Creative Exchange ... look forward to following your work!

Butterbean Row said...

Hi Connie,
Your image is so lovely and the texture is perfect for your songbird.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a wonderful week!

♥charlotte

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love those little songbirds, too
...my childhood nickname
was Jennywren so I've always had
a soft spot for them:)
Singing softly along with you now,
Jennifer

lisa said...

What a beautiful photograph of this precious little one Connie. There is nothing quite like their song!

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Pat said...

Beautiful words and a lovely image of the young Carolina Wren! Love the title, "Life Melody".

Rosie said...

This photo is really wonderful and I love your processing!

pens and needles said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the way you layered the words to the hymn on there so subtly....just enough to be effective....

jocodeane said...

Oh what a lovely edit you did on this ruffled little bird.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

This is beautiful, Connie. Love the way you lighted the text areas here and there. Excellent. :)

S. Etole said...

I like the way you have layered this.

Nick said...

What a beautiful shot, the texture works so well with the little one. I really love this photo. Thank you!

Tammy said...

What a nice use of texture. Very pretty.

Hope said...

gorgeous work.. the texture really goes nicely with these captures.

Ruth said...

Really beautiful shot, thank you for sharing it, I saw it at the creative exchange.

Jeanne Klaver said...

Such a beautiful shot...and the words are so true, "He speaks to me everywhere."