Sunday, September 29, 2013

Waiting For Water to Boil





Titmice have been feasting lately on a sunflower seed head on a table on the deck.  




They come one at a time, 

harvesting the seeds in neat rows before they eat them or store them away.


monarch butterfly cocoon


Meanwhile, the monarch chrysalis continues to darken.

The caterpillar to monarch butterfly should take 10 to 14 days,

or so I've read;

this is day twelve, and it's starting to feel like waiting for water to boil.


golden retriever


 From the deck, Barley watches me as I watch the cocoon.




"Wake me up when it happens."





Linking with Camera Critters


10 comments:

Sharon said...

Tell Barley it's worth the wait! :)
Lovely photos... thanks.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how I've missed your gentle way
with your camera
and the beauty you share.
Thanks for seeing and saying
so much for our souls,
Jennifer

Mersad said...

Love that last shot. So adorable and of course typical! :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

bailey-road.com said...

Anxiously waiting. Barley is the sweetest. I love the little Titmouse too.

Lisa Gordon said...

Cannot wait to see your photographs when the butterfly emerges, Connie!

And that Barley is just so precious. Love that sweet face!

Brian King said...

LOL! The first shot is too funny! Very nice photos!

Sandra said...

We're all playing the waiting game with you, Connie! Great shots of the titmouse and Barley's expressive face and the chrysalis getting more and more interesting!

Genie Robinson said...

I know you and Barley will be happy campers when the event finally takes place. Patience is a virtue at times like these. Love the shot of the chrysalis. I have never seen one. genie

Terri Buster said...

I love your shots today- and Barley looks so cute laying there so patiently. I hope you don't miss the event!

S. Etole said...

Such a beautiful dog and cute little bird.