Monday, September 20, 2010

Going To the Vet




Barley went to the vet today, which is not his favorite pastime, 
and when the doctor drew blood, his agitation was palpable.  
After the examination, I led Barley over to the big scale, coaxed him up on it, and and commanded him to sit.  
He fidgeted, and the digital reading fluctuated as he moved. 
As I concentrated on determining his weight, 
the receptionist, a caring and perceptive individual, 
spoke for Barley and said, "Mom, I just want you to look at me."  
He did want that, and I had failed to notice.  
When I gave him my full attention, he calmed down immediately.  

How thankful I am that God's face is toward us!  It makes all the difference.

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

                 

Linking to Imperfect Prose