Monday, June 20, 2011

New Book



A package I've been waiting for arrived in the mail today from Blurb.  Inside was my latest project, a gift book, with photos and prayers for the morning from Scripture, and I was happy with the way it turned out.

The idea for this project started years ago, as a gift for my mother, and as those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know, she had a lot of first hand experience on the subject.  On spiral bound,  brightly colored 3x5's, I wrote out, in calligraphy, a collection of favorite prayers from the Bible.  When I got a mac, and iphoto, it was a natural progression to make it into a photo book.  Recently, I've become aware of Blurb, where you can sell your books online, so I added a few pages to my earlier book, and changed it to their square format.  It's available in hardback and paperback.  Click here to preview the book, where, if you like, you can see it in its entirety. 

It's my prayer that this book, in its online version and/or printed version, will bring joy and encouragement to those who read it, just as it did for Mom.