Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Unexpected Virus





Spring peepers were singing in the pond last night, rushing the season.  Earlier in the day, Barley and I relaxed for a few minutes under an impossibly blue sky.  With sun-warmed hair and faces, we lingered, soaking in every little milligram of vitamin D possible.

A gust of wind swirled around the house, carrying with it an unexpected virus, spring fever, 49 days early.  We'll take it.



By way of contrast, if you'd like to see a year ago, click here.


11 comments:

Kim Stevens said...

I think I have a little of that virus too! ; )

Lisa said...

I'm thinking if we keep with the 50 degree winter days, the trees and flowers are going to get really confused!

hannah said...

Yes, here too: I've been scrubbing floors, washing windows and tidying the odd flower bed. That's a sure sign.
I 'll have to lie down now :-).
Vit D only works if you don't wash: it needs oil. Still, great to be able to sunbathe in January.

That header is darling.

Nadege, said...

I don't know what's going on with the weather. It's seems to be totally out of whack. Our summer is unusually mild.

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

The crickets were cricketing already? I just love that sound! =)

Becs said...

Love this. Beautiful images. For the first time this winter it is freezing here so I'll share your spring fever vicariously!

Pat said...

That's going around! It's been incredibly springlike here too.
Barley in the sun - beautiful!

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

Cute post and LOVE the photo! What a cutie!

Torunn said...

For a beautiful Golden Retriever, I also had a dog before when I was a little girl. Stunning picture.

Marcie said...

Crazy winter weather!! Love seeing your 'spring'!

Jennifer Richardson said...

your sweet doggies stretched out
in the sunshine
makes me feel warm
and swimmy
inside:)
thanks....I needed that:)
-Jennifer