Monday, May 14, 2012

Bloom Where You Are Planted





Beauty sometimes shows up in the strangest places.  
Butterfly milkweed just started blooming here, 
and there's one place I look for it every year.





Sure enough, it showed up again this year in this hostile environment,
growing right out of the rock at the side of the highway.

It probably doesn't long for another place of existence, 
as we humans often do,
but contents itself with bringing beauty to the place it was assigned.

The God who gives us life, 
and orchestrates such things as the time and place of our birth,
does so for a specific purpose:





And to those who seek Him, He gives a promise:

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:13



.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .



For my Original Bloom Where You are Planted post,
click here.


.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .    



Thanks to Kim for the use of her textures,
Let Go and Phoebe.


Linking with Imperfect Prose
and Texture Tuesday








22 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

such brilliant beauty
clinging to the rock.
(oh Lord enable me to
also cling to the Rock:))
thanks for taking me
to see this with you!
-Jenn

Jodi said...

"It probably doesn't long for another place of existence,
as we humans often do,
but contents itself with bringing beauty to the place it was assigned" thank you for that. I needed to hear it. xx

Pam said...

Wow, love the contrast and the first pic. But I especially love the truth in the words you shared with us. Thank you!

photecstasy said...

Way cool!

PrairieJill said...

Great contrast of the flowers and the rock.

Marilyn said...

Nicely done -- I like the metaphor.

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful photograph, fantastic place. I am greeting

kammkphotography said...

Beautiful post and words :-)

A Garden of Threads said...

Nicely done!!!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Love those nature surprises, really sweet from above~

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

It is amazing that beauty can grow in that kind of environment. Lovely. Valerie

Susan said...

Hope beautiful and how true.

This was one incredible post.

Have a blessed day!

heyBJK said...

Beautiful shots, Connie!

Pat said...

Such a beautiful post, Connie! The perfect marriage of quote and photo! I also love the words you have written here.

lisa. said...

I've never heard of Butterfly Milkweed, but it sure is a pretty plant, and indeed what a strange place for it to pop up. Mother Nature works in some very beautiful ways!

Brian Miller said...

nice...we are resonating a bit for IP...it is always inspiring to me to find beauty and life in the unusual places...it gives me hope...

emily wierenga said...

but contents itself with bringing beauty to the place it was assigned.


i love finding flowers in the hard places. they encourage me like no other. kind of like your post, tonight. (i've missed you, connie... so glad you linked with ip. xo)

Theresa Miller said...

Bloom where you were planted...I love that! Lovely post!

S. Etole said...

This is such a meaningful verse.

lori said...

Oh, very nice! There's hope for me yet, lol.

Liz said...

Bloom indeed!!! I love the scripture at the end too :)

Beverly said...

You've once again brightened my day with your photo and inspirational words. Bloom where you are planted is comforting. Thank you!