Monday, October 29, 2012

Night Songs




Be at rest... O my soul,

for the Lord has been good to you.

Psalm 116:7



It's my guess that David, the great king of ancient Israel, was an insomniac.  
If that's true, he certainly made good use of his wakeful hours, 
writing many songs for the nighttime. 





I started compiling some of these songs and other related Scriptures 
years ago when my Mother's pounding heart kept her awake at night.  
I wrote them out in calligraphy on spiral bound index cards and sent them to her.  
And hey, to my great surprise, my mom liked it!
(Don't they always?) 
When I got a computer and a digital camera, 
it seemed logical to combine these Scriptures in a book with photos. 






There have been a few versions of this over the years, 
and the latest is one I published with Blurb, the creative online publisher.  
They made the process enjoyable and relatively simple.  Take a look, if you like.
You can see it here small, or to read it, go to full screen.
Please be aware that if your screen is large and/or wide, there may be some distortion.









24 comments:

Brian King said...

Gorgeous shots! I especially like the first one! That would be great framed!

Antonio Puig Garcias said...

Hola Connie fantasticas fotografias.Un saludo.

Lisa Gordon said...

Connie, this is absolutely beautiful!

Sandra said...

I love that first silhouette shot and the others are just beautiful too. What a lovely idea to make a book.

Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation said...

Absolutely beautiful! :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

Connie, this is so WONDERFUL!!!
I love your book
and the name
and those photos
and the beauty
and the life
and, wow:)
I'm just a fan.
thanks for letting me know,
Jennifer

Jen Ferguson said...

you are enormously talented.

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Connie your book is stunningly beautiful and a wonderful idea. Your photos and scriptures and paired so well. I trust it will bless many people.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

love songs and pictures.. Cheers!!!..

Mary Howell Cromer said...

What a special daughter you are and friend! Love these and congratulations on your new Blurb book. Wasn't it great fun? I have done a few and 2 are shown on my blog page. I found it to be very rewarding in many ways. Have a blessed day~

eileeninmd said...

Connie, lovely post and images!

Adam Jones said...

Really amazing sky shots. Fantastic colours.

mick said...

Great photos and a lovely idea to put them in book form.

Anni said...

Love the bird silhouette!!!

fjällripan said...

Wonderful photos of both the bird and the skies!!

Gary said...

Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Rick said...

Stopped by to take a trip through your last few weeks' posts - gorgeous both in words and photos ! And flipped through your book too - a beautiful work (I've created some too, using Shutterfly ... will be making a few for Christmas as gifts).

Stewart M said...

Great pictures - I really like the bird in the tree! (but then I a birder, so I could be biased!)

Thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Australia

Pat said...

Beautiful shots, Connie!

Modesto Viegas said...

Great photos!!!

Neil said...

Great photos.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Wonderful, beautiful, inspiring.

Madge Bloom said...

SO beautiful and full of inspiration... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #55!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! Great photos!