Friday, July 29, 2016

Save My Plant




Do you remember the girl in the 90's who lived in a redwood tree for two years to save it from getting cut down? In our yard, all it takes to save a plant is one tree frog.

It's like this--tidy gardening has never been my forte; I'm often hesitant about pulling weeds. Please don't jump to the conclusion that I'm lazy; it's just that the perennial question nags at me: "could this be a flower?"

In the flower bed in front of the house, there is a four foot mystery plant, and it looks out of place--a slender stalk with leaves but no blossoms, a full foot taller than the others. Since we have company coming tomorrow, I finally took out my pruners. This was the day it was going down.

Then, just as I was positioned to make the fatal cut, I saw it. Poised on a leaf on the tall, silly plant, was one very cute tree frog.

Ce sempre domani. There's always tomorrow.


Linking with Saturday's Critters


First posted on 7/25/10

12 comments:

Sharon K said...

Yes! he is so cute! What a heart of compassion you have :)

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Connie,
A fantastic picture. Great and very funny!!

Kind regards,
Marco

eileeninmd said...

Hello Connie, cute story and frog. I am glad the frog's plant was saved at least for another day. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Lea said...

I had a tall mystery plant come up in my flower bed, and it turned out to be a very pretty Hibiscus!
Great tree frog photo!

Gayle venturesinphotos said...

Love this post. I'm glad you saw him despite his power of camouflage. We have a stalk of golden rod right in the middle of no where.

jandi said...

Beautiful frog! And yes! For saving the tree!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Excellent photo. That is the cutest little tree frog. A few years ago we had one that looked like that clinging to the siding on the front of our house right up near the porch light. He must have thought he found an all night "all you can eat" buffet. He appeared there for two or three nights and then disappeared. I missed him when he was gone. Maybe he traveled on down to your place.

Marie C said...

What a delightful post! He knew you were coming with those pruners! :-) Ever vigilant, I would say. Great photo of the little guy!

Jedidja said...

Beautiful photo and words.

Felicia said...

Awwww he's so cute. nice you saved his house.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Hi Connie. Beautiful frog.. Regards..

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

Beautiful photo!