Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lifted Hands



















In the fresh, cool air of the morning, 
Becky and I walk by the lake with Barley and Comet. 
Passing under the bridge, we laugh as our feet sink into the wet dark sand.  
The dogs swim and race at the water's edge, a picture of joy.

Gourds grow on the shore, and we gather a few,
then watch monarchs working a patch of wildflowers.
Facing an incline, Becky quickens her steps and Barley follows.
 At the top, Becky raises her hands, a gesture thanking God for all of it -
dogs, flowers, friends, water, sand and sky -
 gracious gifts from the Giver of Life.





BLOG_DESCRIPTION








17 comments:

Katie Orr said...

A great Psalm!

I like the editing you've done here, and the layout of the verse!

Susan said...

Oh my, this is just incredible!! Love it...

Hope you've had a great day♥

Linda Makiej said...

Fantastic work for the Creative Exchange!!

ShonEjai said...

Your light in the photo is gorgeous. Well done

4simplyliving said...

Beautiful shot!

hannah said...

Almost feel as if I'm intruding in this your confirmation of your faith post.
Beautifully lit and a precious moment.
BTW, don't read anything in my posting first at the Xchange this morning: I get up early and then I'm dying to get back to bed :-). It is [too] early for us over here, and probably [too] late for you over there.

lisa said...

Beautiful words and such a wonderful "feel good" photograph Connie!

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a great evening!

lisa.

emily wierenga said...

i praise God for you. and i love what you said on my post today. beautiful.

S. Etole said...

Praise ye, the Lord!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a nice photo of my sister Becky! My other sister Cathy told me about your blog. I am very thankful that Becky has a friend she can take a walk with and praise God with. That's a treasure.

Linda, Becky's sister

DevotionMama said...

LOVE it!!!

deb duty said...

Wow! Such gorgeous light and a beautiful verse too!

Sherrie St. Hilaire said...

This is fabulous! I love the shot and the verse with it just takes it right over the top for me! Great job!

Tricia said...

perfect verse for this image! love the glow of the rising/setting sun, too =)

Lisa said...

This is fabulous! Love the passage and the photo chosen to accompany it. In fact, I love everything about it! :-)

Claudia Finn said...

Beautiful heartfelt words and photo!!

Lutiemom said...

I really like this shot of Beck and Barley!!!