Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Forest Music

In the summer, surrounded by green, it's funny the things I can miss. 




In the woods today, patches of moss catch my eye, 

 standing out bright against a muted background, softening rocks...





and tree trunks with their soft velvet. 


Along the trail, small streams, born from last night's rain, sing their first song, 

lifting their voices in chorus to praise their Maker.  




A waterfall adds to the melody...




and spills its foam into the current. 




 The nearby velvet, saturated, drips out a percussion...  





and even a bare winter woods becomes a cathedral.


The familiar path to the hollow is never the same twice, 

but it is always full of wonder and beauty, 

and with the little streams, we lift our hearts in praise.





Texture by Kim Klassen


15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Connie this is just beautiful! The photos and the thoughts! Awesome! A wonderful way to prepare for the new year coming so soon!

Teresa said...

Beautiful woodland scenes . . . .lovely work Connie. I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you , Teresa x

ATRIBUTOS said...

I love woodland scenes.
This is a very good work.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Very calming and beautiful. The woods are like a cathedral -- excellent comparison. :)

Pat said...

There's so much beauty in these photos and your words.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Purity of His nature, the heartbeat and the celebration of life, all so beautifully woven in the fabric that is life sustaining beauty all around, sometimes we miss, yet never out of His glance~

S. Etole said...

Your words bring this wonderful place alive! Blessings for the New Year.

TexWisGirl said...

these are gorgeous shots! you live in a spot of heaven! and you are beautiful, too!

thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving comments! i really appreciate it!!!

leavesnbloom said...

Beautiful...............The next time I'm out walking along the river I'll think back to this post - love the thought of the woods becoming a cathedral.

Barb said...

I so enjoyed my 'walk' through this gorgeous forest! love your texture on the waterfall!

lisa said...

These are wonderful Connie, and isn't it amazing just how beautiful moss can be??
I wish you a fantastic New Year.

Marcie said...

Refreshing and quite amazing to see summer..when we are so in the middle of winter. Wishing you a new year filled with creativity and light!!!

Jennifer RIchardson said...

symphony for my eyes:)
thanks,
Jen

Lui said...

Oh I'm glad you love nature sounds as well! I learned to tune myself to its rare soothing and healing sounds every chance I get.

And with this, I wish you and your family a merry and meaningful 2012!

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Connie, just visiting to say 'Hello' and get caught up with your lovely blog! I hope you all are well. Love the photo of the boys with the Big Dog! Happy new year!!