Monday, December 12, 2011

His Eye is on the Sparrow





Kim Klassen, of The Cafe, recently had a drawing for a gift certificate for The Noisy Cricket, a handcrafted jewelry store on Etsy. I was delighted to be the winner. Christy Moline's jewelry in that store is exquisite and original, as well as being pretty down-to-earth, which suits me well.

For my prize, I chose this beautiful necklace with ancient words of encouragement. I remember my mom singing the words to the song, His Eye is on the Sparrow, and it makes this necklace a special reminder for me.


What is the price of two sparrows--one copper coin? 
But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.  
And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. 
 So don't be afraid; 
you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. 

Jesus/Matthew 10:29-31






Thanks to Kim for the gift, and for all her fabulous textures, 
and thanks to Christy for her excellent artistry.




19 comments:

pens and needles said...

I love that song, also.....had a DEAR friend in Mississippi who sang it often, and it always makes me think of her. Now I'll think of you when I hear it! Love the necklace....

Jeanne said...

This is just lovely Connie and congratulations!!!

June Scott said...

Congratulations, Connie! Thanks for sharing that beautiful shot!

Kim Klassen said...

oh sweet Connie...what a lovely tribute... and so sweet of you to share Christy a little more.

I adore her work.....

I am thinking I missed writing back to you.....
Oh dear... so sorry.... I am going to go back in my email and see if I can find it...

I appreciate you...and your beautiful kindness..... so happy you were the lucky winner....
truly deserved.
xo

Linda Trine said...

A beautiful tribute and Congratulations! Love how you used Kim's new texture here!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

So beautiful and I know He watches me;~) Sweet!

Nadege, said...

A beautiful capture of this little bird.

Congratulations on your win.

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

Just wonderful !

Ellie said...

Beautiful!
and I know he cares for us, so much, he sent His Son to this earth for us, to save us and heal us from our sins...

Pat said...

Congratulations on your win! It's a lovely necklace.
Beautiful job on the Sparrow photo!

Jennifer Richardson said...

this gorgeous post takes my breath away...and then sends it back again
filled with hope and sweet peace.
thank you for this gift.
(and so, so happy for you
...that necklace belongs with
dear you:)
-Jennifer

Rosie said...

What a beautiful picture - this is absolutely stunning! And congratulations on winning that necklace!

hannah said...

How very special.
Love the duality of the image as well as what it stands for.

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous! The photo, the scripture, AND that necklace. Great job!

Kathy

lisa said...

Congratulations Connie, and what a beautiful necklace you chose!

Barb said...

Congratulations on the win - you have been very gracious by sharing this with us! and beautiful photo and texture!

Marcie said...

This is beautiful..and I especially love how you 'strung' (pardon the pun) the two images together.

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Connie, This is just gorgeous! This Scripture is one of my favorites. His care for us is perfect, and we should not worry, should we? thinking of you today!! Congratulations on winning!

Julie Legg Photo said...

Beautiful photo and thoughts Connie. Love that bird shot. Of course I like the scripture you've chosen, too.