Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Heads Up




























Along the roadside, where poppies bloom,






























heads hang low, with hair glistening in the sunlight...






























then raise toward the sky... 




releasing black and orange treasures.




























Visiting ladybugs wear their matching outfits.




























Spent petals drop, one by one,

and seeds ripen, promising another year's beauty.




























Once again I whisper thanks to the One who made them,

who lifts bowed heads and fills our hearts with joy.



You, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the one who lifts my head high.
Psalm 3:3  







Linking with Rurality Blog Hop




       

21 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Oh how I love Poppies and your image shares are Brilliant, absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

i can barely contain the joy
this brings me!
oh beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Lord....isn't He an amazing creator.
I just have to live out applause:)
thanks for sharing this gorgeousness,
Jennifer

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Love! These are sights never seen in Australia.

Terri said...

Such a simple, yet beautiful flower. I always think of the VFW when I see these.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Just beautiful. Bellas imágenes!!!.. Cheers!!!..

Lisa Gordon said...

What beautiful photographs these are, Connie!
Our poppies are just coming into bloom now.

Marco Luyken said...

Hey Connie,
These shots are wonderful!! So great to see these flowers in the field with their brightly colors. That ladybug is really amazing, well done!!

Many greetings,
Marco

Robyn G said...

This is an awesome post, Ozark Grace! I love your words and the amazing pictures to match. You did a great job capturing the vibrant colors of the poppies and their environment.

Robyn
http://theranchwifechronicles.com

bettyl said...

Poppies are lovely flowers and your photos do them justice! Love the little ladybug, too.

Anne Payne said...

Lovely, lovely photos and verse! Makes my heart sigh with happiness :)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Lovely captures♫ Flowers just shout out to be photographed! My Rurality: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/abstract/

edenhills said...

Absolutely beautiful.

dinascitywildlife.com said...

Ditto of everyone else! All Beautiful shots! Love the color!

S. Etole said...

There's an ethereal air to these. So pretty.

ladyfi said...

Oh, those poppy shots are just fabulous!

Cindy said...

Wow!! These are beautiful and I love the colors. Happy weekend. 😍

TexWisGirl said...

they're just lovely!

Madge Bloom said...

Lovely poppies... and the lady bug is just sweet! I SO enjoy your photography... Thank you for joining in 'Rurality Blog Hop #15' Hope to see you next Wednesday for #16...

Deanna said...

These are all so beautiful..I am in love with those poppies!!

Kia said...

Gorgeousness! :)

bailey-road.com said...

Such beauty!